Christian Sex Positions For Married Couples: the Best 5 Now!
Which are the best Christian sex positions for married couples? The answer, from a Biblical perspective; the best Christian-friendly sex position for both Christians and non-Christian couples should be:
1. One that they agree on,
2. One that honors God, and
3. One that honors their marriage life.
In other words, there are sex positions for married couples that magnify lust and other sinful desires of the devil. This article provides Christian sex tips that believers yearn to know but are afraid to ask. However, these tips will restore love, honor, and respect in a marriage that’s going through turmoil due to unsatisfactory sex complaints.
Sex is a gift created by God for the sole purpose of leisure and procreation for mankind. Like all God’s gifts to man, sex is holy and when done within marriage, we honor God. In other words, when we use our God-given gifts in a holy manner, we respect God.
- Christian sex positions for married couples?
- Christian Sex Positions For married couples
- What the Bible Says About Marriage
- Are Different Sex Positions Sinful?
- Five Best Christian Sex Positions for a Christian Marriage.
- Christian Sex Positions for married couples Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. Are other forms of sexual activities (such as pornography, masturbation, anal sex, oral sex, sex toys, and bestiality) sinful?
- 2. What is a Christian-friendly sex position?
- 3. Are the Christian sex positions in this post sinful for Christians?
- 4. Is Anal Sex sinful?
- 5. How many sex positions are there in the Bible?
- 6. Is foreplay sinful?
- 7. Which Christian sex positions are Okay Biblically?
- 8. Are Christian sex tips sinful?
Christian sex positions for married couples?
I use the word “Christian sex positions for married couples” to differentiate between worldly sex positions and Christian-friendly sex positions,i.e fit for Christians to practice. Without using the word “Christians”, it becomes unclear to the believers in Christ. Since this article will reach even young Christian couples, I aim to provide clarity so God may receive the glory.
Other people refer to these positions as “Christian friendly sex positions”. In short, positions that will not defile Christian couples. As we define this term, which I will use frequently in this article, let me draw your attention to the other word “For married couples”. Yes. These positions are solely for married Christian couples. Sex outside marriage is a sin! Most Christian believers know that sex before marriage is either fornication or adultery. But few know there are Christian sex positions for married couples.
In most marriages…
The majority of Christian couples disagree on various sex positions. Due to the fear of approaching a pastor or senior couple for counseling and Christian sex tips, most don’t enjoy sex the way God intended in their marriage. Others go beyond what is practically natural due to ignorance of the right Christian intimacy positions. Some Christians rely on pornography for education which leads to pornography addiction, a habit that enslaves their minds.
This leads to broken marriages due to sexual repression, lack of intimacy, bad counseling from unchristian sources, suspicions, and adultery, among others. Thus, it becomes important to know how to overcome or deal with these challenges in your marriage so as to maintain a healthy marriage.
Someone may find this post unholy”? Believe me, I’d rather read the Christian sex tips from a Christian source with Biblical reference; rather than go through porn and become enslaved to it; or even ask an unbeliever for bedroom tips!
Christian Sex Positions For married couples
Now that we are clear on the sensitive terms, let’s dive in!
The first thing that comes to mind as an acceptable Christian sex position for the Christian couple is the missionary sex position where the man is on top and both are facing one another. The missionary sex position is derived from the old missionaries who evangelized the word of Christ to the outer parts of the world.
These missionaries counseled the newly converted Christians that the Christian sex positions for married couples, that fulfill the two purposes of sex as intended by God; was the face-to-face with the man on top. In my opinion, the man being on top portrays him as the head of the house and the woman as being submissive. Just as the Bible describes them.
God created the man first and the woman came from the man’s rib (Genesis 2:18). No wonder man has to be the head of a family in Christian marriage as in the following Bible verses:
What the Bible Says About Marriage
- Ephesians 5:22-24, “Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body. Therefore, as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their husbands in EVERYTHING.”
- Colossians 3:18, “Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as is fit in the Lord.”
- Genesis 3:16, “Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow, thou shalt bring forth children, and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall RULE OVER THEE.”
There are many verses in the Bible that portray the man as the head in a Christian marriage and definitely, the missionaries saw that “man being on top” is the best sex position as it honors the above verses.
Are Different Sex Positions Sinful?
The Bible has not been direct concerning any preferred Christian sex positions in a Christian marriage setting. However, several situations may call for the need to try a different position such as the inability of the couples to engage in missionary sex position due to;
- Full-grown pregnancy
- Disability of one of the couple
- Health factors such as the man having a big tummy
- Other reasons like heating things up in the bedroom
There are very many different sex positions out there and new ones are being invented each day. This leaves young newly married couples confused as to which one honors God. In this article, I try to voice my opinion on the “Christian sex positions for married couples” with the following Bible verses as my reference point;
1. The Best Christian Sex Positions Should honor the Wife.
1 Peter 3:7, “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.”
From the above scriptural verse, apart from sex in marriage to honor God, it should also portray honor to married couples as well. In the example of a Christian marriage where the woman has to be submissive, the husband too, should not insist on a sex position that will humiliate his wife in any way.
Humiliation may be in the form of sex positions that are painful, inhuman in nature, or bring a feeling of guilt after the sex. It is evident in the Bible that when one does what is unholy or against the Holy Spirit, guilt will take over. When this occurs, one may prefer the missionary sex position which results in a lot of love, satisfaction, and happiness after the act.
The married couples should thus agree on the best Christian sex positions that have a sense of morality, honors God, and also honors the wife as the weaker vessel.
2. Christian Sex Positions for married couples should Portray the Submissiveness of the Wife
Ephesians 5:22, “Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord.”
There are some sex positions where the woman is on top of the man and in control of the whole act. It is important to note that the devil always insists on mankind being against the will of God and this sex position may directly result in dishonoring God.
Although some situations may call for that sex position, for instance, sickness or disability of the man, the woman should still be submissive to the husband in the act. A woman who is already submissive to her husband in all family matters will not find it hard to let the man be in control despite his disability.
This will in turn honor God and their marriage as the man will still feel he was responsible for his wife’s satisfaction. From experience as a married man, every man wants to be responsible for his wife’s sexual satisfaction.
3. The Best Christian Sex Positions Reflects Love and Not Lust.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, “For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: that every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor; not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God.”
Various factors such as personal health and moral sense of judgment may determine the best Christian-friendly sex position. It is important to be careful when deciding the best Christian intimacy positions like a couple. Apart from it honoring God and married couples, it should reflect love and not lust. I believe the position will come out naturally depending on the current situation that calls for the position change.
It is sinful and immoral for Christian couples to watch the types of different sex positions from pornographic materials and try to imitate them in their sex life. Most sex positions are a result of lust and not love as some of them encourage anal sex which is against the will of God in a Christian marriage.
Five Best Christian Sex Positions for a Christian Marriage.
- Missionary: as explained earlier on, this is the most standard sex position practiced in marriage. It is respectful and involves the man being on top and both facing each other.
- Doubled up missionary: this is the missionary taken a little notch higher. In this position, the woman pulls her legs back to her chest.
- Spooning-bliss: this involves both couples lying on their sides on a bed with the man penetrating from behind. This can be useful when the woman is pregnant.
- Woman on top: this involves the woman being on top and doing most of the work. The man just lies down or pumps up once in a while. Mostly useful when the man is unable to be on top due to illness or disability.
- Lap-cross woman on top: the woman is on top, but both are much closer and can kiss this time. It is a little warmer and more intimate.
To start your blog on the “Best Web Host for 2022”, click this link!
To earn over $50 on this website, click this link!
Christian Sex Positions for married couples Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are other forms of sexual activities (such as pornography, masturbation, anal sex, oral sex, sex toys, and bestiality) sinful?
Yes! The Bible clearly states that any forms of sexual immorality are sinful, including pornography.
“God wants you to be holy and completely free from sexual immorality. Each of you men should know how to live with his wife in a holy and honorable way, not with a lustful desire, like the heathen who does not know God. In this matter, then, no man should do wrong to his fellow Christian or take advantage of him. We have told you this before, and we strongly warned you that the Lord will punish those who do that. God did not call us to live in immorality but in holiness. So then, whoever rejects this teaching is not rejecting a human being, but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.”
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
From the above scripture, we can see that;
- Masturbation is sinful.
- Pornography is sinful.
- Oral sex and sex toys are an act of lustful desire and are not honorable.
2. What is a Christian-friendly sex position?
The word “Christian friendly” differentiates the world sex positions from ones that Christian believers practice. Thus, a position that is fit for Christian married couples to use while having sex.
3. Are the Christian sex positions in this post sinful for Christians?
The Old Testament contains a number of rules about sex, but none of them about sexual positions. Thus, the Bible has not been specific on any sex position for Christians to engage in, leaving many Christian couples at a cross road on what is right. However, the Christian married sex life should not be a sexual prison and the couples should agree on what is comfortable, natural, and respectful.
“A man should fulfill his duty as a husband, and a woman should fulfill her duty as a wife, and each should satisfy the other’s needs. A wife is not the master of her own body, but her husband is; in the same way a husband is not the master of how own body, but his wife is. Do not deny yourselves to each other, unless you first agree to do so for a while in order to spend your time in prayer; but then resume normal marital relations. In this way, you will be kept from giving in to Satan’s temptation because of your lack of self-control.” 1 Corinthians 7:4&5
4. Is Anal Sex sinful?
Yes! Anal sex is going directly against the will of God. The Bible teaches that sex in marriage is pure and holy. “Marriage is to be honored by all, and husbands and wives must be faithful to each other. God will judge those who are immoral and those who commit adultery.” Hebrews 13:4
“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.” Leviticus 18:22, 20:13
5. How many sex positions are there in the Bible?
The Bible at least refers to at least one sex position;
- “Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and lay with her…” 2 Samuel 12:24
- You will be betrothed to a wife, and another man shall lie with her:…” Deuteronomy 28:30
6. Is foreplay sinful?
No. As long as it doesn’t involve sex toys, anal sex, or oral sex.
“When Isaac had been there a long time, Abimelech king of the Philistines looked down from a window and saw Isaac caressing his wife Rebekah.” Genesis 26:8 (NIV)
7. Which Christian sex positions are Okay Biblically?
The Bible does not specify the kind of style or any Christian-friendly sex position one should take during sex. It is up to the concerned married couples to decide what is acceptable and right.
8. Are Christian sex tips sinful?
No. Marriage is a lifetime bond. No one is perfect in anything and that’s why we have teachers and counselors who are there to advise, teach and correct us. Christian sex tips should are not sinful in a Christian marriage. They are teachings on how couples can bond more and not commit other forms of sexual acts outside the marriage bed.
The best Christian sex positions for married couples, both Christians and non-Christians, should be the ones that they agree on, and should also honor God and their marriage life. For online Christian Counseling and tips…CLICK THIS LINK NOW!
This is indeed a very resourceful and well-thought biblical-based article for every couple to read.
Thanks a lot for your observation, Joshua. Indeed it’s a confusing topic to most Christians, including me, and I felt compelled to research it. Most welcome