How Much Does a Facelift Cost? … Should I consider the facelift treatment? Get these and other questions answered in this article.
The facelift treatment is a type of cosmetic surgery done to reduce or erase the appearance of facial wrinkles and other aging signs in the face, neck, and jawlines. In doing so, the surgery reverses the harmful effects of time, stress, and exposure to elements, thereby, assisting one to achieve a younger rejuvenated look. It is also clinically known as Rhytidectomy. The Face Lift surgery procedure involves the surgeon pulling back the flap of skin on each side of the face, and surgically using an artistic eye to alter the tissues below the skin to return the contour of the face to a more youthful shape. The excess skin is then removed and the flaps sutured closed.
Both face and neck lift surgery may be necessary to reduce any fat deposits and sagging skin on the neck.
How much does a facelift cost?
Since Face Lifts are not covered by insurance, many people from different countries of the world prefer the cost-effective treatments offered in India. The Face Lift surgery cost in India is about $3,000. This is lower compared to the average $30,000 in western countries. However, for the ease of convenience and high-quality facelift treatment offered, you may prefer western countries for your treatment irrespective of the facelift cost.
This average facelift cost in western countries includes the surgeon’s fee of around $10k to $30k, the operating room fees of around $2k to $5k, and the anesthesia fee of around $1k to $5k. This totals the facelift cost of around $30k. Preparatory tests and prescriptions are also included in the facelift cost. Other factors contribute to the total facelift cost such as the experience of the surgeon.
Also Check This Out: Tummy Tuck Cost: 3 Best Health Facilities To Consider NowBy Dailysols
Symptoms of facelift treatment
You may want to undergo facelift treatment due to the following symptoms which often manifest during old age. They include:
- Wrinkles on the face.
- Loss of facial volume and contour.
- Development of vertical muscle bands, sagging skin, and excess fat deposits in the neck.
- Brown spots on the face and neck skin.
- Less elastic skin and muscles.
Facelift Cost And the Type of Treatment
The types of Facelift treatments include:
- Mini Face Lift ($3,500 to $8,000): This focuses on the jawline to restore the definition lost due to diminished elasticity. The surgeon makes an incision around the ears and elevates the skin along with the superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS), the thin layer of muscle and tissue that lies just beneath the skin. The tissue is then lifted up and outward to restore contour and definition. Thereafter, any excess tissue and skin removed and incisions closed with sutures.
- Neck Lift ($4,000k to $8,000k): Done to provide a powerful complement to the Mini Face Lift. The procedure tightens the skin of the neck and its muscles which extends from the chin down to the collar bones.
- Mid-Face Lift ($6,000 to $8,000): This surgical procedure addresses the area that extends from the cheekbones to the jaw. The surgeon tightens the SMAS and skin tissue so as to flatten folds around the mouth.
- Brow Lift (Upper Face Lift) ($3,000 to $5,000): This reduces wrinkles and the lines in the upper third of the face by tightening the skin and underlying muscle tissue of the forehead, thus, reducing wrinkles between the eyes and across the brow. It can also lift the eyebrows.
- Full Face Lift ($10,000 to $30,000): This Face Lift surgery procedure operation combines all the elements of the lower, mid, and upper facelifts. This type of facelift can restore definition to one’s features, reduce wrinkles and sagging skin, and rejuvenate one’s appearance effectively.
- Classic Neck Lift ($,4,000 to $8,000): Done when one has sagging around the neck.
Frequently asked questions on facelift cost (FAQs)
Q1. What are the chances of developing scars after the facelift treatment?
Answer: Facelift surgery scars will mostly occur but they are typically hidden in the ear canal.
Q2. What is the prognosis after the Facelift surgery?
Answer: You will have a youthful face without any complications.
Q3.What are the complications of having a facelift?
Answer: The minor complications may include bleeding, swelling, neurological dysfunction asymmetry, or an infection.
Q4.Will there be any pain?
Answer: Yes, you will have pain after the surgery but the pain relief medications recommended will ease the post-surgery pain. However, the pain will vanish with the healing time.
Also Check This Out: IVF Treatment Cost In IndiaBy Dailysols
Q5. Are alternative therapies more effective in treating facelifts?
Answer: There are alternatives such as thread lift surgery (which utilizes invisible fine threads placed in the skin to tackle sags and folds) and derma lift facial rejuvenation, but Faclift is the most effective and permanent skin tightening technology.
Q6. Why should I eat less salt before the surgery?
Answer: Salt will make the body retain water and this will cause swelling after the surgery.
Q7. How long does the facelift last?
Answer: A successful Facelift operation may last for 10 years.
facelift cost fAQs
Q8. What are the good points and bad points about Face Lift surgery?
Answer: The good side of Facelift surgery is that it rejuvenates one’s look and one looks young despite their age. The bad side is that since a Facelift is a surgical procedure involving the removal of tissues, thus, there are complication risks and it is also very expensive for many people who may want to look younger.
Q9. How soon can I leave the hospital after the surgery?
Answer: You can leave the hospital within a few hours after the surgery completion.
Q10. What are the medications for Facelift?
Answer: The commonly used medications are one that reduces swelling prior to surgery and that will lessen the pain prior to and after the surgery.
Q11. Will we have insurance for the facelift surgery?
Answer: Since Face Lift is cosmetic surgery, the is no insurance provided by the majority of insurance providers.
Q12. Are there alternative therapies for a Facelift?
Answer: Yes, there are different types of thread lifts used to rejuvenate the skin but a Facelift is the most effective and permanent one.
Q13. Is smoking advisable?
Answer: No. You should stop smoking one week prior to the surgery.
Q14. How soon can we remove the bandages from our heads?
Answer: In a few days, as per the doctors’ advice.
Q15. I have lumps 2 months after the surgery. Is this normal? Answer: Yes, they will disappear after about 3 to 6 months.