Online Christian counseling is professional mental health counseling performed through the internet. It is also known as teletherapy, e-therapy, cybertherapy, or web counseling for Christians. Since it’s done online, trained professional counselors offer these services via email, real-time chat, and video conferencing.
The best online Christian counseling service is one done by a Christian counselor. In the light of incorporating a Biblical perspective, the aim is to help the believer face the day-to-day challenging issues through spiritual and mental empowerment.
Why you should consider online Christian Counseling services
Christians have the Problem Solver and the Chief Counsellor (Christ Jesus). In spite of this, they do go through various challenges such as addictions, trouble eating or sleeping, anger, family conflict and parenting, and LGBT matters among others. This drives them to open up to a counselor to get help.
As a Christian, you may consider the online Christian counseling services due to the following pros that they have against the traditional face-to-face approach:
- Increased accessibility irrespective of the location, hence, no need to travel to see the therapist.
- Increased comfort and convenience.
- Approachable treatments that incorporate Christian values.
- A wide range of therapists who share Christian values to choose from.
- Increased privacy and trust due to sharing the same faith.
- Less expensive compared to the traditional face-to-face approach. Most online Christian counseling isn’t expensive since the counselors are Christian ministers.
The Top Online Christian Counseling Services 2022
This article is a review of the best online Christian counseling services for the year 2022 and the list is according to online reviews by Dailysols:
Rated the Best in this Review.
$240 to $400 per month out of pocket.
This online Christian counseling website offers its services from $240 to $400 per month out of pocket. They are the best on the list and provide professional mental health treatment in a Biblical approach. Faithful counseling counselors aim for your spiritual, mental, and psychological wholeness. To receive counseling on this website, you begin by filling out an online questionnaire on the issues you need counseling on. Thereafter, the most suitable therapist will then counsel you within a few hours or a few days.
Advantages of Faithful Counseling
- You don’t have to reveal your name or identity (you can use a nickname). Furthermore, emergency contact information is only needed in case the counselor believes that you or someone else might be in danger.
- Reasonably-priced weekly subscriptions.
- Available nationwide.
- At Faithful Counseling, all the practicing therapists are practicing Christians as per Faithful Counseling’s Statement of Faith.
- Licensed therapists with over three years and 1,000 hours of hands-on experience.
- They offer a Biblical approach with the intention of spiritual empowerment too.
- Unlimited text messaging with the counselor at any given time (24-hour chat).
- You can switch counselors at any given time.
Disadvantages of Faithful Counseling
- You need an additional fee to schedule a phone call, live chat, or video session. This can also be in your plan.
- No traditional pastoral counseling.
- Doesn’t accept insurance.
Second Best in This Review.
$55 to $150 per session.
Grace Wellness Centre is a Pennsylvanian-based counseling center that also offers traditional face-to-face counseling. Their online Christian counseling is on biblical truth with a goal to help you attain spiritual freedom and thrive in your salvation walk. Their service costs $55 to $150 per session.
Advantages of this online Christian counseling website
- They cover various areas such as marriage counseling, depression, premarital counseling, etc.
- Emotionally safer compared to the traditional approach.
- More affordable and convenient.
- Quick sign-up process.
- They offer a clear explanation of their Christian beliefs.
- Their sessions last for 50 minutes and beyond depending on your need.
Third-Best in This Review.
$55 to $175, Insurance Accepted, and You Can Pick Your Own Counselor.
Cornerstone Christian Counseling is another online Christian counseling that comes as third-best in this review. They offer their services at $55 to $175 per session through licensed professionals with an advanced certification or more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience. Another important feature is they use zoom for video calls and their therapists are available during a variety of hours including nighttime and weekends.
To begin a session, all you have to do is call or email Cornerstone Christian counseling.
Advantages of Cornerstone
- You don’t have to be a Christian to receive counseling.
- Reduced rates for active duty military members and veterans.
- Different therapists address different concerns depending on your intake form and individual needs.
- You can change therapists to find the best personal fit.
- 45 to 75 minutes sessions on specific days and times.
- Health insurance may cover the cost of counseling but they don’t bill the insurance companies directly. For this reason, they provide you with the paperwork for reimbursement to your insurance company.
- The pricing level depends on the therapist’s experience.
Best Free in This Review.
Free Christian Coaching.
Live Chats and Messaging.
The Ground wire online Christian counseling is part of the Jesus Cares Outreach which is an aggressive media initiative of Champion Ministries. Groundwire offers free Christian spiritual advice, encouragement, resources, and prayer.
Like most free online Christian counseling sites, this is not done by licensed mental health professionals but by Christian coaches who volunteer their time.
Groundwire offers live chat and messaging which are free.
Advantages of this free online Christian counseling service
- Their services, including live chat and messaging, are free.
- They produce videos and other forms of media to spread their faith-based message.
- Has a prayer team and you can sign up for weekly prayer updates via email.
- If you run a church, you can become a partner.
Second-Best Free In This Review.
24 Hours Available Volunteers.
Meet J Android App on Google Play Store.
Like Groundwire, Chatnow therapists don’t have licensed professionals. Chatnow allows you to talk to volunteer Christian who devotes themselves to assisting Christians going through various challenging issues. These devotees have a mission to “assist people who are feeling lost, addicted, sad, confused, and in pain-to help them find a new hope and a new purpose.”
The chats are available with a click on their website which takes you to the chat area. Next, you provide your name and the issues that you need counseling on. From there, you will then receive a suitable volunteer and begin the chat immediately.
Advantages of Chatnow
- One-click takes you to the chat area where you can get the volunteer right away.
- The volunteers are available 24 hours.
- They have a clear statement of faith that reveals their beliefs about the Bible.
- They have a newsletter with articles on various topics.
- They also have a Google Play app called meet J that takes you through the book of Mark and also provides daily readings.
Conclusion: The Best Online Christian Counseling for 2022
Online Christian counseling is considered the best approach to counseling by both Christians and non-Christians due to the pros mentioned above. Consequently, as a Christian, you shouldn’t struggle with addictions and other challenges which seem hard to overcome. Seeking spiritual counseling is Biblical and it’s encouraged for personal spiritual growth.
Finally, Christian therapists are experienced professionals and also have Biblical knowledge essential to increase your faith and break the yokes. And as you trust in God to help you, deliverance will surely come your way because He is faithful!